Old 23-06-2008, 10:53 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
kathy[_3_] kathy[_3_] is offline

Default PLants for stream

I expect so as you aren't in a really hot climate.

As an alternative you could plant in closed pots so the
water will stay 'in' when the stream shuts down in the
evening.

How many neighbors do you have? You might canvas
them and see if they like the sound of a babbling brook
at night. otoh, energy costs rising and all that.

Do you have fish in the pond? One thing to watch for is
if they start gasping at the surface before dawn. If they
do you need to get some water movement in there, maybe
a welling at the surface as opposed to a bubbler or fountain.

I so want to do a stream someday, keep us posted with
pictures if possible.

k :-)