Old 24-06-2008, 05:20 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Reel Mckoi Reel Mckoi is offline

Default Frogs!

"Gail Futoran" wrote in message
This year I've seen more frogs, and toads, and more variety of frogs, in
my ponds than in years past. They're pretty much everywhere. Little green
frogs (which I finally identified but forgot their name!), Southern
Leopard Frogs (they seem to especially like the above-ground stocktank
ponds), and the usual Gulf Coast Toads. Haven't seen any tree frogs
recently, but they've been around in other years. brevity snip

Something, probably a cat, got every last bullfrog in our ponds and tubs.
What we are crawling away with are those small cricket frogs. Usually we
hear one or two every summer but this year there must be dozens out there.
They're much noisier than the other frogs. After few hours they can get
irritating but so far no complaints from the neighbors.

Enjoy your frogs. :-)
--
RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.