Old 24-06-2008, 05:20 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Reel Mckoi Reel Mckoi is offline

Default Frogs!

"Pat" wrote in message
I wish there was a loud frog that would sing during the day, to drown out
the sound of all the freakin' gas lawnmowers. If it's not one neighbor
obsessively mowing down to half an inch and killing all the animal life in
the lawn, it's another, every day of the week, all day long. Unfortunately
the frogs couldn't drown out the horrid exhaust odor. Gas mowers put out
way
more pollution than cars, and their rotary blades are hell on the poor
grass. That's why I use a cordless electric reel mower, but even with that
am always wary of harming a snake or something so I go slow and leave it
set
on 3.5".

Your post is a classic example of why we sold the house in town and moved up
here to the country. Sirens, fire engines and barking dogs all night and
mowers and other noise all day..... we seldom hear any of that here by the
lake. What we hear now are frogs, birds, crows, cicadas and crickets. Only
5 miles from town but it's like another world.
--
RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.