Old 24-06-2008, 07:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge 2 Rusty Hinge 2 is offline

Default New 'kid' on the block

The message
from "Kate Morgan" contains these words:

Gardening and photography make a very good combination Mike, I suggest that
you go and visit - and hopefully join in - EPZ , link below

Hmmm. As threatened, I'm ripping-up a Lonicera hedge and replacing it
with fruit trees, which I intend growing as cordons, and with vines on
supports over the top.

Be warned! I'm taking shots of progress, and some of them can be seen at
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/garden.htm - but much progress has
been made since the - er - 5th day of the 18th month? Shirley knot?
(18/05/'08)

I'll put up some more pics shortly. It's still a mess, but it's looking
a tidier mess, and I've - well, I and my expensive - erm, I mean -
enthusiastic helpers - removed and turned to winter firewood, (and
potash with the small stuff) a chain of hedge, with only a little less
than that to 'process' towards the rhubarby end of the garden.

Planted to date, there are about half a dozen apricots and a peach,
grown from stones, a thornless cut-leaved American blackberry, a
Tayberry, a (probably) white grape vine lovingly raised from seed, and
which I hope will bear fruit as flavoursome as its parent (though this
isn't in any way guaranteed innit), a Chinese gooseberry vine, and a
rosemary bush.

In front of some of these are blackcurranys, gooseberries, raspberries ,
strawberries and alpine strawberries.

I'll post about it again when later pics have been uploaded.

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig