Old 07-04-2003, 12:08 PM
Brs36

Default Climbing Hydrangea

Hi,
Last year I planted a climbing hydrangea at the base of an unused motor hoist
in my backyard. I see that the hydrangea lasted the winter and is starting to
green. Right now I have it climbing (if you can call a 12 inch plant climbing)
the small trellis that came in the pot when I bought the plant. Hopefully,
this plant will out grow it. If and when it does, I'd like to get the
hydrangea to climb up the motor hoist. Any thoughts as to how I could get that
to happen? The hoist itself is metal and too slick for the hydrangea to climb
on its own. I was think of making some kind of wire structure to support it on
its way up. Other possibilities?

Brennan
(who still can't figure out which zone he's in)
MD/DC
Remove the Nojunk from the email address to reply to the email address.