Old 27-06-2008, 11:32 AM posted to rec.gardens
Pat Kiewicz Pat Kiewicz is offline

Default Survived the hail storm

Cheryl Isaak said:

On 6/26/08 6:24 AM, in article
, "Pat Kiewicz"
wrote:

I noticed the hostas in one of the huge planters downtown seem
to really have caught the brunt of the hail (very exposed) and look
like they've been clawed by cats (daughter's description).

You must see hail more than I do - this was the first time for both of my
kids and I can only remember one time with anything bigger than the pea
sized pellets that fell a few days ago.

Not usually more than once a year, and usually not more than gravel...

There was more hail yesterday, which just missed us, but got the
end of the neighborhood. I could tell where it had hailed by the
shreds of green on the ground. Very spotty.

After enlightenment, the laundry.