Old 27-06-2008, 05:48 PM posted to rec.gardens
beecrofter[_2_] beecrofter[_2_] is offline

Default What fertilizer for Indian Hawthorn for maximum growth?

On Jun 27, 1:03*am, Doc wrote:
I just planted some 1.5 quart Indian Hawthorn plants. I'm in Florida -
very sandy soil. At the suggestion of the guy in the F&G dept at Home
Depot I put some topsoil in the holes for them. I see some new growth
but wondering what if anything I can do to maximize/accelerate their
growth? We're in the rainy season right now.

Thanks for all input.

Very sandy soil is lacking in organic material, keep an inch or so
mulch of compost around them.