Old 07-04-2003, 02:56 PM
lms

Default Missster Lincoln

In article ,
says...

You have some *enormous* roses.

*hahahha*

How do you deadhead them, and do you prune
them?

Sometimes I deadhead them, most times not. Some roses, not that many, won't
bloom well again if you don't, for instance Bonica. And basically, I just
prune the dead wood or any cane that blocks my path to any painful degree.

Also, where do you live, and what climate, to get such enormous specimens?

I live in Socorro, New Mexico, I believe it's Zone 6, but this zone is just
a sliver between Zones 5 and 7 so it's hard to really put a finger on the
zone. Some of these roses get Rio Grande irrigation, but some, including
Mr. Lincoln, don't. I've just tried to privide them with an easy and regular
water source, throw them horse manure once and year, that's about it.
The sun is good around here most times. Also the humidity is very low, right
now it's in the single digits, so over the years the roses don't have to
suffer repeated fungal bouts or choking chemical torture.

So where you be, Scopata?

Scopata Fuori