Old 29-06-2008, 12:16 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default need a plant ID please

In article 13ce3e99-1463-4782-9187-
,
says...
On Jun 28, 2:19 pm, Sacha wrote:
On 28/6/08 15:11, in article , "Granity"

wrote:

this was growing in the garden at the cottage that I stayed at in
Cornwall last week, the owner didn't know what it was called, the
flowers are white when they come out. Thanks in advanced

http://tinyurl.com/4v9ort

http://tinyurl.com/4dk689

http://tinyurl.com/3wfb5q

Looks like Acanthus mollis. It's a very handsome plant and is the leaf you
often see in classical carvings on pillars and pediments. Unfortunately, it
seems rather prone to mildew round here.
--
Sachahttp://www.hillhousenursery.com
South Devon

Would it survive the Winter here in France Sacha?

Judith

In my experience only thermo nucular explosions have any lasting effect!
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk