Old 30-06-2008, 09:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Graham Harrison[_2_] Graham Harrison[_2_] is offline

Default Catalogues, blast them!

"Broadback" wrote in message
When you purchase anything from the companies you are inundated with
catalogues. Whatever company they all seem identical, how can you stop
them? Every post bring a new batch. I am exasperated. Special this,
special that, free this free that, am I alone? All I want is value!

1) When ordering by post or internet make sure you tick the boxes that say
"don't send info" or don't tick "do send info" both exist. You often have
to search for them. There may be more than one and some may be positive
and others negative - care. If you can't find it then make your
preferences clear on the order form. Make it clear that you don't want
their info, associated companies, anybody.
1a) When ordering by phone you have to say something - I've never been
asked.
2) Write to the company once the catalogues start arriving (assuming they
do) and ask to be removed. They have to do it by law.