Old 01-07-2008, 08:44 PM posted to rec.gardens
Bill[_13_] Bill[_13_] is offline

Default HELP!! tomatos, NOT

In article
,
beecrofter wrote:

If you went crazy with soluble nitrogen fertilizer try pinching the
plants back, giving them a good soaking, and adding a little bit of
sugar as a carbon source to the soil to tie up some of the soluble
nitrogen as bacteria.

I can understand the first part of your statement. But adding sugar is
new to me for carbon as I think of wood ashes for the carbon. Perhaps a
new trick for me. Sounds expensive some how. Still I think you mean as
remedial for imbalance on a small scale perhaps. . Adding sugar got me
way off present practice thinking..

Bill who spills Hummer sugar only 1-4 parts water.

--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA