Old 07-04-2003, 04:56 PM
Cass

Default Longest time to soak roses?

Jean S. Barto wrote:

The last specimen, a second *Marmalade Skies* is still soaking in water
because my Honda mini-tiller died ...

Since it's possible I won't be able to plant this last rose for about a
week, am I able to keep this rose's roots soaking in water that long, or
should I do my best to plant the rose where I'm best able to make a good
*home* for it??

Jean, you also have the option of starting that rose out in a nice big
pot and then transplanting in a couple of months. I started my
bareroots in early February, and they are more than ready to go in the
ground!

BTW, Honda mini-tiller....bonus points for power tools, Jean!