Old 04-07-2008, 08:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bertie Doe Bertie Doe is offline

Default Blight - Grrrrrr

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

Damp? Not around here, yesterday we had half an hours rain and a bit of
drizzle, the first proper rain for a few weeks.

Any blight infested spuds left in the ground from last year will spread
the blight to your present crop, do you think this is what has happened?
Or perhaps it happened on the allotments and it's come your way with the
wind/rain.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Both myself and my neighbour, planted in different areas of the allotment,
than the blighted areas of 2007. His got the first signs on Tueday and mine
this morning. However, my experience with 'blight years' is : when one
allotment gets it, we all get it - regardless of variety.

Bertie