Old 04-07-2008, 09:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bertie Doe Bertie Doe is offline

Default Blight - Grrrrrr

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

Damp? Not around here, yesterday we had half an hours rain and a bit of
drizzle, the first proper rain for a few weeks.

Regards
Bob Hobden
17 miles west of London. UK

The problem is when Continental Highs hang around over France, the Atlantic
fronts, stack up against them, often stationary over the West Country. When
the Highs decide to drift off East, the fronts follow in their wake, but
most of the water has already been dumped (on us), so in the SE you may only
experience a shower or a bit of drizzle from these fronts.

If you look at the Met Office survey for June, you'll note that the SW got
double the England average. We got triple the W.Scotland rainfall - an area
famous for being damp. As for N.Ireland - almost a drought!!
http://preview.tinyurl.com/643786

Bertie