Old 04-07-2008, 09:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bertie Doe Bertie Doe is offline

Default Blight - Grrrrrr

"Robert (Plymouth)" wrote in message

"Bertie Doe" wrote in message

where are you, we haven't got any yet and I was hopeful that it would
be a better year this year.

30 miles West of you, just outside Liskeard. Bertie

Well we'll both be battening down the hatches at the moment then and
tomorrow, there's half a hurricane blowing out there

Yes the farming forecast has been giving warnings. I managed to tie my
French 'Blue Lake' climbers to the poles. They look a bit sad at 30cm high.
Most of my neighbouring allotmenteers, have gone for the English varieties
and they're almost 2 metres high!!! - (the beans) :-)

Bertie