Old 05-07-2008, 02:02 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Derek Broughton Derek Broughton is offline

Default pond monster caught in England

Chip wrote:

kathy wrote:
I'm pretty darned sure this fellow is not native to England
but the article never says where they thought he came from...
http://www.kentonline.co.uk/kol08/ar...ticle_id=44163

k :-)

For those of us who don't use archaic weight measures-
2 stones=28 lbs= 12.7005 kg

Pretty good sized in any measuring system. How to you not see such a
creature in a pond? Lake maybe, but not a pond.

Define pond? My browser crashed some time after reading this article, so
maybe they did, but I was assuming something in the 1/4 acre and above
size, not a back yard pond. I was also thinking typical park pond - ie,
extremely turbid water due to massive bioload. I can easily imagine hiding
a snapping turtle there - especially since there shouldn't _be_ a snapping
turtle there.
--
derek