Old 06-07-2008, 03:00 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default Baby Fishes Questions

On Sat, 5 Jul 2008 17:04:26 EDT, wrote:

I am second year ponder baby fish

So I am wanting to know will the darker fish change color

Some will not change, others it could take years.

What to do with all these baby fish?

Your local fish place might take them in trade for store credit.

Two of my pond comets vanished three weeks ago, I assume a racoon or heron
got them so I have covered Pond with wire fencing laid on top of 2X4's which
has been effective so far......I would like to remove fencing but do not
want to loose any more fish. Any advise. Thanks much........

Motion sprinkler called a Scarecrow works on both predators. If heron only,
take the same wire fencing and put it around pond so he can't step over or
reach over. This may stop a raccoon, but it all depends on how determine
the raccoon is, and if there are easier meals in the neighborhood.

The one I have that comes to my yard likes to pick the peanuts out of the
squirrel feeder on the deck, so now I don't put peanuts in till morning.
~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds:
www.jjspond.us