Old 07-07-2008, 02:02 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Pat Pat is offline

Default What to do about suckers

"Kurt Ullman" wrote in message
I have a Hawthorn and two crabapples that are getting those little
growths that look like small limbs growing out of the roots. Putting
down the plastic liner (or whatever it is made out of) doesn't work. I
would like to use something that would kill the suckers while obviously
leaving the tree intact. Any suggestions?

I been spraying suckers with Garlon. Seems to kill the suckers and trees
both. Quite large trees actually. Glad to get rid of them.