Old 09-07-2008, 12:27 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
BB[_3_] BB[_3_] is offline

Default Treating Anchor Worms

Somehow, I managed to get a case of anchor worms. (Ok, so the fish
actually got them; not me. )

I've read about Dimilin and some sort of potasium (whose exact name
I can't quite remember right now). I'm simply wondering what
treatment has worked well for other folks and, perhaps, the best
place to get said treatment. I've even seen one source that
mentioned using a salt solution of about (I think) 0.3% to kill the
little buggers but not sure if that would work.

(I've already isolated the single obviously affected fish. The
pond itself is about 500-600 gallons and I know I need to treat the
whole thing.)

Advice?

(And for those keeping track, I've stepped away from the plants and
am having a lovely margarita. OOH! And the water lilies are about
to bloom, too!!!)

~~Bryan

* Can't see the Forest | Bryan B. *
* Through the Spam? | Reply if you want. E-mail *
* Take it out! | address changes frequently *
* (Damn Viruses!) | to foil spambots. *