Old 09-07-2008, 02:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default In Country Life this week

On 9/7/08 14:33, in article
, "Sally Thompson"
wrote:

On Wed, 9 Jul 2008 14:15:21 +0100, Sacha wrote
(in article ):

Roddy Llewellyn describes the Judith Lea method of killing off bindweed by
either growing it up a support and then spraying it or stuffing its ends
into a plastic bag and spraying them.

Fame at last for Judith, eh :-)

What with that and her gold slippers there's no holding her!

He also talks of that wonderful
little plant Erigeron karvinskianus

snip

One of our favourite little plants, and it seeds itself everywhere. We have
it growing in pots, but also in the gravel by the front porch. I love the
way the flowers change colour as it ages.

There's a wall in Ashburton which is absolutely covered in it and another
which has scads of the Erigeron and valerian growing in it. Both look just
wonderful and have done it all by themselves - unless that prince has been
in the area. ;-)
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com