Old 09-07-2008, 06:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Ping for Sacha .. Isoplexis canariensis

On Jul 9, 6:03 pm, "Spider" wrote:
Hi Sacha,

I have a beautiful new plant, Isoplexis canarienses or Canary Island
Foxglove. I have been able to learn a little bit about it, including that
it is scarce in its own habitat. As it is often grown in the warmer
southern counties (I bought it on the Isle of Wight), I am hoping you know
it and perhaps have some experience of it. I understand it is rather
tender, but would be very interested to learn your (and others, please)
experience of it. Just how much protection do I need to give it? Or can I
get away with little or no protection in SE London? I've read that it's
easy to propagate from seed or cuttings .. how easy? .. how much variation
in the seedlings? Well, really, *anything* you can tell me about it. I'm
smitten!

Thanks for time,
Spider

Spider, long time to see you here again , it's lovely to see you,
how's your garden growing then?

Judith