Old 09-07-2008, 06:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider Spider is offline

Default The Return of the Spider

"Judith in France" wrote in message
On Jul 9, 5:47 pm, "Spider" wrote:
Hello everyone,

Spider here. It's a long time since I posted here - and I see some new
posters - so I thought I would introduce myself.

I'm a particulary hairy female spider living in SE London and gardening
on
London clay .. somewhat improved clay .. but still solid and sticky in
places. I am mainly a 'decorative' gardener, but am growing tomatoes and
plums, and hope to plant apple trees in the near future. The Husband
Thingy, Richard, is growing potatoes (2 first early, 1 second early), and
hopes to grow runner beans next year.

We live on a corner plot, so have a wrap-round garden looking South right
round to North-West.

I have two 4 year old cats who are well behaved and cause little or no
damage in the garden. They are trained to be garden friendly. Alas, I
can't seem to train them to eat slugs, but they are otherwise fairly
biddable.

Spider

Duh Spider I saw your other post to Sacha and commented there, welcome
back, you have been missed.

Judith

Thank you, Judith, how very heartwarming to be remembered. I didn't see
your earlier post, but I'll take a look in a moment.

Hope the weather in France is an improvement on our soggy offering. Looks
like there's no sunshine at the weekend, either and I'm going to Hampton
Court Flower Show on Saturday. Typical!

Thanks once again for your lovely post.
Spider