Old 09-07-2008, 02:50 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Hal[_1_] Hal[_1_] is offline

Default Treating Anchor Worms

On Wed, 9 Jul 2008 07:27:43 EDT, BB wrote:

I've read about Dimilin and some sort of potasium (whose exact name
I can't quite remember right now). I'm simply wondering what
treatment has worked well for other folks and, perhaps, the best
place to get said treatment. I've even seen one source that
mentioned using a salt solution of about (I think) 0.3% to kill the
little buggers but not sure if that would work.

Potassium permanganate or Dimlin will work. The first time I bought
Anchors Away it was PP, my later purchase of the same brand name was
Dimlin. I would probably look at container size and shelf life, since
I have almost a pound of dimlin left over and no use for it.
--
Hal Middle Georgia, Zone 8
http://tinyurl.com/2fxzcb