Old 09-07-2008, 11:20 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Omelet[_4_] Omelet[_4_] is offline

Default How to fix my cracking regular & grape tomatoes

In article
,
Sam wrote:

I've read that it is most likely inconsistent watering. So am I
watering too much/too little. Too much at 1 time, not enough at 1
time???

The cracks go down the tomatoes (both our regular and our grape
tomatoes), they are not the circle cracks.

I water to soaking about once a week. We have a raised bed, and the
soil below the raised bed is pretty hard. The bed is about 1 foot
deep, maybe a little less.

Will fixing our watering fix our bitter cukes too? We have those
growing up a trellis.

Thanks!

Generally, cracking is attributed to overwatering from what I
understand. I await the input of other group members.

Try some mulch?
--
Peace! Om

until they put their foot down." -- Stephan Rothstein