Old 10-07-2008, 11:27 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider Spider is offline

Default The Return of the Spider

"Sacha" wrote in message
On 9/7/08 21:42, in article , "shazzbat"
wrote:

"Spider" wrote in message
Hello everyone,

Spider here. It's a long time since I posted here - and I see some new
posters - so I thought I would introduce myself.

I'm a particulary hairy female spider living in SE London and gardening
on
London clay .. somewhat improved clay .. but still solid and sticky in
places. I am mainly a 'decorative' gardener, but am growing tomatoes
and
plums, and hope to plant apple trees in the near future. The Husband
Thingy, Richard, is growing potatoes (2 first early, 1 second early),
and
hopes to grow runner beans next year.

We live on a corner plot, so have a wrap-round garden looking South
right
round to North-West.

I have two 4 year old cats who are well behaved and cause little or no
damage in the garden. They are trained to be garden friendly. Alas, I
can't seem to train them to eat slugs, but they are otherwise fairly
biddable.

Spider

Welcome back, O arachnoid one. I have here a memento of you and your
family, no?

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t...0stuff/jke.jpg

Steve

Urrrrrrrrrrrrgh! That should come with a health warning!
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com

You wouldn't be being beastly to a spider, would you, Sacha? They're the
gardener's best friend.

Spider