Old 10-07-2008, 05:18 PM
stml stml is offline
Registered User

Default Balcony Vegetable Garden - Help needed!

Hello,

I'm a novice gardener very keen to grow a lot more of my own veg. Unfortunately, I only have a small and quite windy roof space - about nine feet by five.

I grew tomatoes and bell peppers quite successfully last summer, and have some squash and courgettes on the go this year, but what I really want is to grow near-year-round, like a real allotment.

Does anyone know any good books specifically for balcony/rooftop/potted gardening, or should I just get a general allotment book? What I need to know is the the best plants for the conditions (I'll eat anything...) and the best times to plant etc. - a real guidebook.

All tips and recommendations gratefully received - Cheers!