Old 10-07-2008, 08:54 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
K Barrett K Barrett is offline

Default Humic Acid

Duncan, what doesn't the Canadian AG like about humic acid? The word 'acid'?
Weird.

K Barrett

"Duncan" wrote in message
We sell lots of Humic AND fulvic acids. Some people swear by them.
Fulvic is the same group of organic acids, anything with a molecular
weight higher than X is humic and anything lighter is fulvic. They
supposedly act as organic chelating agents and help plants take up
nutrients easier. I have alway assumed that ST contains them. We sell
several brands of B-1 and although people like them we get far better feed
back from ST users. There is real reasearch out there that supports adding
humics and fulvics. I do use them on my orchids but everything gets
everything, or ussually everything gets nothing. I've fertilized twice
this year already!!! I'm a big believer in the theory that orchids thrive
on neglect. BTW the kelp was probably acsophyllum nodosum. Contains
cytokinins which helps branching/rates of cell division/ect. AG Canada
HATES anything that says humic acid on it. If you think the EPA is hard
on the head you should try dealing with those powermad yahoo's.

"Ray B" wrote in message
Many moons ago, when I was experimenting with developing my own,