Old 11-07-2008, 04:12 PM posted to rec.gardens
Bill[_13_] Bill[_13_] is offline

Default Weeders

In article ,
"Phyllis Stone" wrote:

wrote in message
I'm looking for a long handled weeder because I have back problems and
it has become very difficult for me to get down to weed. There are
several that I've found online. Would anyone give me advice on how to
chose which one is best? I'd appreciate it. This will be used to
clear weeds from flower beds. Thanks.

I asked a similar question a few days ago. No one had recommended any
thing so my husband bought a WeedEater tap and go. It probably wouldn't have
been my choice but I used it once and it has done well. It is heavy. We were
replacing a ryobi corded with two lines and this one only has one. So far so
good. It cost about $80.00

I favor in descending order Hula Hoe (works coming and going),
Collinear Hoe (Light and easy to sharpen or replace blades ..note
blades) and finally the Warren hoe a classic and easy to get close to
your plant or make a furrow.

The stirrup hoe is similar to the Hula I mentioned.

Here are a bunch.

http://www.johnnyseeds.com/catalog/s...ge&search=hoe&
qstateid=34007110-6662-4470-96c2-d47048b0bcfc&sp=1

Bill

--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA