Old 11-07-2008, 04:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider Spider is offline

Default Ping for Sacha .. Isoplexis canariensis

"Sacha" wrote in message
On 9/7/08 19:18, in article , "Spider"
wrote:
snip
Ray says (!) it's quite tender and he doubts it will survive with you
if
you're on the chilly outskirts. We do have it here but it overwinters
indoors in a frost free but unheated greenhouse. It's fairly easy to
propagate from both and Ray finds no variation in the seedlings. HTH!

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com

Yes, that helps, Sacha, and thank you. It's in a large trough at the
moment
in a place that will feel rather exposed come winter, so I'll have to
lift
it in autumn and keep it indoors. I shall certainly be trying to
propagate
it, so Ray's reassurances are most welcome. Do thank him for me.

Spider

If you lift it for the winter, you could always plunge it in its pot (or a
larger one if needed) next spring.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com
South Devon

Yes, I may very well do that. Once I've got a few cuttings going, I will be
able to experiment with it outside close to the house. At the moment,
though, it's too precious to risk. Thanks for the idea.

Spider