Old 11-07-2008, 03:33 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
R M. Watkin R M. Watkin is offline

Default Cabbage collars

Hi All,
"mw80" wrote in message

Hi

I went to my allotment this morning and somehow the 20 or so cabbage
collars i put around the bae of my plants in the hope that it might
help prevent root fly are no longer around the stem of the plants. Each
of them are now about a foot away from the plant and there are signs of
disturbance around the base!

Any ideas what could have done this, has anyone expereineced thios
before and how i could prevent it from happening again?

I have had this happen to me, but do not know what has caused it. It will be
interesting to find out.

Richard M. Watkin.

Thanks

--