Old 11-07-2008, 08:33 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Billy[_5_] Billy[_5_] is offline

Default Balcony Vegetable Garden - Help needed!

In article ,
Les wrote:

stml wrote:
David - Thanks very much for those tips. Sorry, should have said - I'm
in London, England.

I think windbreaks are probably going to be necessary, and thanks for
the cool climate sugegstions. I like kale too so that's going on the
list. Shall look into a range of pots too.

Still looking for a good book recommendation if anyone has one. I'm
aware of Google, but I've always found personal recommendations more
useful.

Try "Plants in Pots" by Andi Clevely

Les

I don't recognize Les as a poster in this newsgroup. The book was
published May 25, 2008. It hasn't been reviewed by anyone yet. Amazon
tersely describes it as "a simple, practical guide to planting in pots."
Curiously, Les didn't recommend the book. He didn't say he found it
useful or well written. He only said, "try "Plants in Pots"". I'd wait
for a warmer recommendation.

On the other hand. If you are looking for a mean/maudlin, pretentious,
foul mouth, I think we have just the boy for you;-)
--

Billy
Bush and Pelosi Behind Bars