Old 11-07-2008, 11:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pam Moore Pam Moore is offline

Default Potato blight test

On Thu, 10 Jul 2008 17:30:50 +0100, "John E"
wrote:

"Pam Moore" wrote in message
.. .
I've just been listening to last Sunday's GQT.
One item mentioned a test for pototo/tomato plants with suspected
blight. There is a link on the GQT website, but when I click it it
brings up an error, "page not found".
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/gqt/
Is it my computer or their link?
Does it work for anyone else.

I think I've seen enough blight on my tomatoes over the last 7 years
and can recognise it but am curious to see what the link brings up.

Pam in Bristol

Is it not better to anticipate it by signing up to:
http://blight.potato.org.uk/signup.html

You will get a warning about Smith periods, and an additional warning if
potato/tomato blight is prevalent in your area.

In that case you can take preventative action.

John

I've already signed up, but am curious about this test.
"Preventative action"! What preventative action? Short of covering
the whole plot with a plythene tent there's not much you can do.

Pam in Bristol