Old 12-07-2008, 12:11 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default Can you name this strange look plant pls?

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"moonlightandjj" wrote
Thank you very much for all the replies. It is a plant none of us have
seen before so the mystery has now been solved :-).
It is a strange looking thing, as the bottom part of the plant and the
top part look so different, you would think both parts they have been
cut from another plant and then stuck together to create a new plant.

If you let it seed you will see more of it over the coming years, but it's
not invasive and is easily pulled from where it's not wanted.
As Mary says, it's an interesting looking plant. The first one I ever saw
suddenly grew in my garden and realising it was not a usual weed I let it
grow just to see. Still get one or two a year start growing.

I did exactly the same. And still get two or three.

Mrs Next Door gets a lot more, she thinks they're exotic plants and will
have big beautiful flowers one day.

:-)

Mary

--