Old 07-04-2003, 09:20 PM
Alice Gamewell

Default Remove First Year Blueberry Blooms

Greg,
I leave my plants alone and have good results. Also, please remember
that a blueberry bush does not come into full production until about its
sixth year. So don't think that you have done anything wrong when your
yields are low. Good luck.
Alice

Greg wrote:

I've read where I should remove the first (sometimes second) year
blooms on newly planted two year old blueberry plants. Is this really
necessary? They are in full bloom, and I would really hate to remove
the blooms. But, if it's best, then I will do so.