Old 12-07-2008, 11:29 PM posted to rec.gardens
Kevin Cherkauer Kevin Cherkauer is offline

Default Weeders

Assuming you are talking about a manual weeder (like a 3-tine or
starfish-wheeled one), my opinion is that the longer the handle, the better,
and the sturdier (which is highly correlated with price), the better. With
online or mail-order its always hard to tell what you are really getting.
Personally I would want to hold it in my hands before buying, so I would go
to a brick-and-mortar store. Too short a handle and you will still have to
lean forward. It's surprising how long a handle is needed to be able to
stand ramrod straight up, especially if you are at all tall. Too flimsy and
you will be replacing it soon with a sturdier one anyway when it breaks.

Utopia in Decay
http://home.comcast.net/~kevin.cherkauer/site

Kevin

The sturdier, the better. Get the expensive
wrote in message
I'm looking for a long handled weeder because I have back problems and
it has become very difficult for me to get down to weed. There are
several that I've found online. Would anyone give me advice on how to
chose which one is best? I'd appreciate it. This will be used to
clear weeds from flower beds. Thanks.