Old 13-07-2008, 09:42 PM
Granity Granity is offline
Registered User

Location: Bedfordshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorry View Post
Hi
This year, I have some lovely fucshias in pots, which I would like to keep
over winter. They are not hardy, so I would need to bring them inside.
This may be a stupid question, but if i do bring them in, do they still need
to be somewhere light, or could I just put them in the garage? Would I need
to water them, or could I just leave them until next spring?

Thanks,
Dorothy
I have 4 in (separate) large wooden tubs. Around the outside of the tubs are planted Tulips, I leave the fuchsias as they are until about February then cut them right back. The tulips shelter the fuchsias quite well and the new growth starts about the middle of march and by the time the tulips are over the fuchsias are well established and start flower about the middle of June.