Old 14-07-2008, 07:59 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Nick Maclaren Nick Maclaren is offline

Default Serotina - what's the plan?

In article ,
(patrick j) writes:

| I have two examples of Lonicera peri, 'Serotina' in my garden.
|
| So I'm wondering what I am supposed to do with these plants?

Growing them up poles is a little odd. You can tie them on,
cut them back, or whatever. Lonicera periclymenum is very
tough. Do most of your pruning in winter, for best flowering.

They really need at least 2 metres of height, and preferably
1 metre of width, but will grow a lot bigger if given the chance.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.