Old 14-07-2008, 10:07 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Broadback Broadback is offline

Default How to decide when onions are ready?

Nick Maclaren wrote:
In article ,
"Bob Hobden" writes:
| Chris wrote
| Well, how do you decide? Pull one and see how big it is, or what?
|
| The tops fall over and die back (go brown and dry).

But, if you want to know whether you can eat one, whenever they are
big enough - they are edible at all stages :-)

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

As we are on the topic of onions, mine have grown well, but some are
sqiggy (highly technical term there) in the middle, I assume it is due
to the excess of rain we have had. True or false?