Old 15-07-2008, 03:02 AM
beccabunga beccabunga is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Des Higgins View Post
I have some plants of Costoluto Fiorentino, a beefsteak type Italian
tomato. The fruits are only appearing now and are not very big yet.
So my question is: do I just leave them to it or should I restrict the
number of fruits per plant or per truss, seeing as they will
(hopefully) get quite big?

Thanks
Des in soggy Dublin
I have found that the central fruit grows large, and the peripheral ones much less so. It is worth taking them off and allowing the main one to remain.