Old 15-07-2008, 04:06 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Darlington[_2_] Darlington[_2_] is offline

Default Balcony Vegetable Garden - Help needed!

"stml" wrote in message

Hello,

I'm a novice gardener very keen to grow a lot more of my own veg.
Unfortunately, I only have a small and quite windy roof space - about
nine feet by five.

I grew tomatoes and bell peppers quite successfully last summer, and
have some squash and courgettes on the go this year, but what I really
want is to grow near-year-round, like a real allotment.

Does anyone know any good books specifically for balcony/rooftop/potted
gardening, or should I just get a general allotment book? What I need to
know is the the best plants for the conditions (I'll eat anything...)
and the best times to plant etc. - a real guidebook.

All tips and recommendations gratefully received - Cheers!

You may want to check he

http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/balcony/

--
stml