Old 15-07-2008, 05:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Des Higgins Des Higgins is offline

Default Beefsteak Tomatoes; what to do with them now?

On Jul 15, 3:02*am, beccabunga
wrote:
Des Higgins;803914 Wrote:

I have some plants of Costoluto Fiorentino, a beefsteak type Italian
tomato. *The fruits are only appearing now and are not very big yet.
So my question is: do I just leave them to it or should I restrict the
number of fruits per plant or per truss, seeing as they will
(hopefully) get quite big?

Thanks
Des in soggy Dublin

I have found that the central fruit grows large, and the peripheral
ones much less so. It is worth taking them off and allowing the main
one to remain.

--
beccabunga

ta beccabunga!