Old 15-07-2008, 03:38 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
how[_3_] how[_3_] is offline

Default Pumphouse for external pump?

phillerup wrote:
Any suggestions on a making an underground pumphouse for an external
pond? Im concerned that having a dry one will fill up with water when
cleaning the leaf basket. That is when I take the cover off my leaf
basket, water starts flowing out of the top. If that is in a dry
pumphouse wont the water fill the pumphouse and get trapped in there?
Are there good premade pump houses? any cheap quick DIY solutions?

Hi,
You need to install a shut off valve before the pump on the suction
side. Also if the discharge at the pond is below water level then use a
check valve on that side. There are a few varieties, basically, pumping
dirty water use a flapper, clean water use a spring loaded ball type.
Local box stores should have what you need.

HTH -_- how

--
no NEWS is good