Old 15-07-2008, 10:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
patrick j[_2_] patrick j[_2_] is offline

Default Serotina - what's the plan?

K wrote:

Ideally, you would grow them up a tree or tall bush. Could you move
them?

Left to themselves, they will scramble to a high point and then, once
their clear of surrounding vegetation, they will flower.

How close are the poles? Could you put some cross-bars in and train them
along them?

Otherwise, you can cut the ends off, or you could loop them round. I
think cutting the ends off would look more satisfactory.

Thank you.

The poles are in front of a fence so in the short term I have used some
string to raise the Serotina above the ground. It is literally "strung
up" now.

What I'm going to do is put some kind of trellis against the fence and
them keep them tied to that.

Thanks also to Nick and Charlie for your help

--
patrick

http://www.patrickjames.me.uk