Old 16-07-2008, 06:11 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Marie Dodge Marie Dodge is offline

Default Basil

"Wil" wrote in message
Hi all,

I've been harvesting my basil leaves and have made a couple of basil
dishes with them. I made Chicken Basil (Thai) and Shrimp Basil
Pasta. Sooo good.

I read that I need to keep picking off the flowers to keep them
producing leaves. I was wondering if I let one of my plants flower
out and the seeds fall on the ground (I'm moving one from pot to the
ground) will they come back next year on their own from these seeds or
will I have to some how save the seeds? I live in DC USA, zone 6 I
believe.

Mine don't come back. I have to save the seeds or keep cutting over the
winter in my greenhouse.

Thanks,
Wil