Old 17-07-2008, 04:22 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
K Barrett K Barrett is offline

Default Just to test.

Boy you got that right. I htink it cost $120 in gas to get down there and
then to come away disappointed... grrrr. Well it won't keep me away.
Addiction is like that (rehab, no, no, nooooo)

That said at over $130 per barrell the oil fields in San Ardo and Bradley
were pumping away. I haven;t seen them operate since I graduated college in
'1975.

K Barrett

"v_coerulea2" wrote in message

Very nice picture, K. I agree with Wendy about the perspective-distance
thing. If I had to make a decision I think I'd line up in your court.
Hope you kept your main credit card at home on the trip to SB or you
may have to turn down some of those judging requests due to that second
job.
Gary

"K Barrett" wrote in message
...-
Diana asked if I can still get abpo. I'm off to SB tomorrow so you'll

have to make do with this: Macroclinium lexarzanum Sometimes I take
digital picture of an orchid in for judging just so I can see how the

colors will show in a picture...if that makes sense to you. Its a
trick I
learned from Michael Gallagher. Anyway.....

This one we were trying to decide if a quality award as well as a
cultural
award was justified. I thought the color was good enough for a
quality.
The others on the team disagreed. It only got a CCE of 90 points.
Macroclinium lexarzanum...... here's the link to the almost award
photo.
http://tinyurl.com/598gue See if you think
the color is better than the previous award. Remember you have to
take
the quality of the other award photos (and the subsequent scans) into

account. As well as my pic's quality, LOL!!

K Barrett

-

--
v_coerulea2