Old 18-07-2008, 12:53 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Pavel314 Pavel314 is offline

Default Pepper problems

"I3" wrote in message
Mike wrote:
"Darlington" wrote in message
. com...

entire thing falls off. No peppers form. Also, I find it strange that
they're dropping green leaves from the bottom. Every one of them has at
least 2 green leaves they've dropped. They're spread out over 3 garden
plots, not all together. We don't see any insect pests on them.
Thoughts? We really miss our peppers.

I've noticed that too but I thought the reason my garden was screwed up
was
because I listened to John Chapman. http://www.johnchapman.com/

Are they receiving sufficient moisture? A common problem for fruit drop.

Peppers are generally very late here in Maryland; we don't expect any fruit
from bell or hot peppers until late August.

I planted some bhut jokolia peppers this year, supposed to be the hottest in
the world at twice the Scoville heat rating of the previous hottest pepper.
The plants are doing well but no flowers or fruit yet.

Paul