Old 18-07-2008, 05:10 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
tony newton tony newton is offline

Default Potato blight test

On Thu, 10 Jul 2008 17:12:20 +0100, Pam Moore
wrote:

I've just been listening to last Sunday's GQT.
One item mentioned a test for pototo/tomato plants with suspected
blight. There is a link on the GQT website, but when I click it it
brings up an error, "page not found".
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/gqt/
Is it my computer or their link?
Does it work for anyone else.

I think I've seen enough blight on my tomatoes over the last 7 years
and can recognise it but am curious to see what the link brings up.

Pam in Bristol

look here instead, don't waste your money. Spend it on solutions if
you need to.
http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/t...ver/index.html

Btw if you have tobacco mosaic virus, dump the plant. Any plant
showing those symptoms is a gonna, and you don't need £8 worth of kit
to pronounce it's death certifcate. It's too late. The only other
thing that looks like TMV is herbicide damage. But the plant's still a
gonna, so what good does that do you? An expensive ' solution' that
doesn't solve any problems, as it tells you the bleedin' obvious.

Strictly for those new to gardening, and more money than sense.