Old 18-07-2008, 11:03 PM posted to rec.ponds

Default algae

do a google search for veggie filter koi pond
mine: http://weloveteaching.com/mypond/mypond.htm

basically, build a shallow box filled with water plants (celery and cyperus are good
bare root) and run water in one side or end, let the water fall back into the pond at
the other side/end. many people also use water hyacinth and water lettuce. the idea
is the plants pull the wastes out of the water. Ingrid

On Thu, 17 Jul 2008 16:49:03 -0700 (PDT), tootseug wrote:

On Jul 16, 9:49*pm, wrote:
UV and a veggie filter. *some shading helps too. *Ingrid

On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 14:17:04 -0700 (PDT), tootseug wrote:
I've got algae with all this hot weather. Suggestions?- Hide quoted text -

I know what the uv is but not the vegie filter. I do have shading, as
many, many waterlilies.