Old 19-07-2008, 07:44 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
potty potty is offline

Default newly planted lavender

On Fri, 18 Jul 2008 13:49:29 +0100, Sacha
wrote:

On 18/7/08 11:38, in article ,
"potty" potty wrote:

I've got 8 of these plants dotted around so I'm up for a controlled
experiment of alternatives if offered.
Grateful for any tips.

Let them do their own thing but feed them a bit of manure. Too rich a soil
can make weak, flopping plants. Take off the dead flowers at the end of the
summer, back to the leaves which will encourage bushy growth. You've got
baby plants so they need a while to get going and make woody growth. At
present you're suggesting massacring them to encourage them to mature! ;-)

Yes, I see what you're saying. Appreciate the cautionary note. Many
thanks...