Old 19-07-2008, 12:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Robert \(Plymouth\)[_226_] Robert \(Plymouth\)[_226_] is offline

Default Potato Problem

"shazzbat" wrote in message

"Robert (Plymouth)" wrote in message
Can anybody tell me why my friend's potatoes are so distorted please?
They have what is almost a warped swastika shape deeply embedded in the
tuber. They are rocket potatoes and ones at another end of the allotment
are ok. There are miniscule white grubs in the ones she found today. I
can only find watering or cold problems in the RHS book.
http://flickr.com/photos/beachcomber...7606222660648/

I would call that a watering issue, specifically heavy rain after a dry
period, causing them to swell and burst the skins, as happens with a lot
of crops. The white grubs are a separate issue.

Steve

Ok thanks for replying